[OS X TeX] Publicon today

Mark Smith mark at bbprojects.net
Sun Mar 12 12:31:41 EST 2006

@ 15:32 on 12.03.2006, Daniel Flatin wrote:

>It has been two years since Wolfram released Publicon. I was
>wondering if anyone on this list uses this tool today.

I'm using it now and again...

>If so, do you use it as a stand alone document tool or a
>work environment that you export to a LaTeX rendering
>environment?

...but completely independently of TeX work.

Its had one update 1.0 to 1.0.1. Verson 1.1 was supposed to
be out ages ago. No idea what the hold up is and I'm not
anxious since the project I'm using it for is on the backmost
burner. (Half baked idea for a template driven, XML and SVN-based
document control set-up for a small QMS system.)

>(1) Does anyone like this tool?

I like the idea a lot. The implementation is poor in places.

>(2) Does the customization capability work?

What customization capability ? (The templates are
customizable and this works well.)

>(3) Does its output play well with standard LaTeX?

I wouldn't consider it at all for its LaTeX capability.

mark.