[OS X TeX] Spell Check in TeXShop?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Mar 14 07:04:02 EST 2006

On 14 mars 06, at 12:04, Arthur Snoke wrote:

> I think texshop uses aspell.  Hence this question:
>
> Is there anyway to get aspell to add to the dictionary so next
> document will not calim the same word is mispelled?  ispell in unix
> allows this (i will "insert" it into the dictionary).  On the mac,
> ispell seems to call aspell, but I do not find that option, and I
> miss it.

Doesn't the Learn button, in the Spelling panel, aim at precisely
doing this? This button is misplaced (I thought it would mean
"Memorize the default dictionary choice"), as is the Forget button,
but according to Mac Help (accessible from the Finder) that's
precisely what they do: add or remove entries from the standard
dictionaries.

Not sure whether that apply to the Aspell dictionaries, though (I
haven't tried).

Bruno Voisin