[OS X TeX] Spell Check in TeXShop?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Mar 14 11:51:27 EST 2006

On Mar 14, 2006, at 5:04 AM, Arthur Snoke wrote:

> I think texshop uses aspell.  Hence this question:
>
> Is there anyway to get aspell to add to the dictionary so next
> document will not calim the same word is mispelled?  ispell in unix
> allows this (i will "insert" it into the dictionary).  On the mac,
> ispell seems to call aspell, but I do not find that option, and I
> miss it.

Howdy,

I know that by default TeXShop uses whatever spell checker the system
is set to use. I've been using CocoAspell for quite a while now and
I've very happy with it. I must admit I never do `Check Spelling as
you Type' so I may not have run into the problems you note.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)