[OS X TeX] Timing problem resolved

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Mar 15 10:21:31 EST 2006

Am 15.03.2006 um 14:30 schrieb Herbert Schulz:

> Have I just been lucky? In the Applekeys package I put both .eps
> and .pdf versions of some of the apple keys. I require the graphicx
> package to load but never force it into dvips versus pdftex mode
> nor do I have a \DeclareGraphicsExtension command. The correct
> extension is automatically chosen.

No. That's the default behaviour. Usually one should not care that much.

The more extended settings are used to accommodate particular
circumstances, you either optimise a few things or try to adapt to
deficiencies. Or it's meant as a lesson.

As Bruno mentioned: when you have a large JPG image of some ten MB
then it's more sane not to use it but something smaller (could be
achieved with file.extension, too).

I can imagine that it might make sense to use, while setting up a
text, small lossy compressed JPEG's that are fast loaded and
displayed and sent via eMail and then use in the final release
colourful loss-less graphics. You and others still can have a good
impression of the final work ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
We don't believe this to be a coincidence. - Jeremy S. Anderson