[OS X TeX] figures

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Mar 15 11:13:31 EST 2006

Le 15 mars 06 à 17:00, Glenn Umont a écrit :

> I generate plots with Tecplot, export these to desktop in the .eps
> format.
> I include at the header \usepackage{epsf,graphicx}, and put in:

Make it \usepackage{graphicx} only (the package epsf.sty is deprecated).

> \begin{figure}
> \include graphics{export.eps}

Make it \includegraphics{export.eps} (no space between \include and
graphics). No need to write the .eps extension explicitly if you're
using TeX + dvips + Ghostscript.

> \end{figure}
> all to no avail.
> I've tried \epsffile{export.eps} and I've tried \usepackage
> {epstopdf} and \usepackage{epsfig}, again, to no avail.

\usepackage{epstopdf} should allow the inclusion of EPS files when
using pdfTeX, without preliminary conversion to PDF format (though I
would recommend it for speed considerations). A whole directory of
EPS files can be converted in one go from the command line by either:

apply epstopdf *.eps

(which uses teTeX's distiller /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-
darwin-current/epstopdf, or /usr/local/teTeX/bin/i386-apple-darwin-
current/epstopdf in case you're lucky enough to own an Intel Mac), or

apply pstopdf *.eps

(which uses Apple's distiller /usr/bin/pstopdf).