[OS X TeX] xdvi default browser

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Mar 16 17:35:54 EST 2006

Am 16.03.2006 um 21:56 schrieb Børre Ludvigsen:

> Does anyone know how to configure the environment so that xdvik uses
> another browser? Clicking a link brings up:
>
>   Error executing:
>   netscape [url]

I did not read the documentation, but I have an executable shell
script netscape in ~/bin which has this contents:

	open -a /Applications/Camino\ 1.0\ int.app "$*"

but it would work, probably even better, with

	open -a "$*"

In theory the latter form should be preferred. Here the system's
Launching Service should choose the right application for the kind of
data or file passed as argument(s) to netscape.

--
Greetings

   Pete

"I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've
always worked for me."
-- Hunter S. Thompson