[OS X TeX] Using xdvik with eps graphics?

Chris Skeels Chris.Skeels at unimelb.edu.au
Thu Mar 16 21:38:28 EST 2006

I have been trying to work out how to use xdvik together with
Gerben's teTeX distribution.  I have reached the point where I can
get xdvik to to view dvi files that I have created and can
synchronize between the xdvik and the tex file.  What I haven't been
able to figure is how to view eps graphics in xdvik, although I
understand that it should be able to.  I was wondering if somebody
could provide me with either (i) a (tiny) step by (tiny) step
description of what needs to be done to make this happen. i.e. there
is no detail to insignificant to include to one as unix challenged as
am I, or (ii) a pointer to some documentation that might help.

Please don't respond with advice along the lines of either use pdf
graphics with pdf latex or use a different dvi viewer.  I know that I
can do those things.  My interest is purely in seeing what xdvik can
do.  I will appreciate any help that I can get.

Thanks, Chris.