[OS X TeX] Using xdvik with eps graphics?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Mar 17 05:04:12 EST 2006

Le 17 mars 06 à 10:40, Bruno Voisin a écrit :

> Thus it seems gs is made an alias to either gs-X11 or gs-noX11 at
> install time, depending on whether Apple X11 is present or not.

Wait: I think I understand. IIRC, the MacTeX distribution <http://
www.tug.org/mactex/> assumes the user has no X11 installed; hence gs
must be an alias to gs-noX11, when installed this way. I imagine this
is the case for the original poster (I cannot check, as I have stuck
to i-Installer's install thus far).

Given MacTeX installs i-Installer, I would suggest the original
poster to open the Ghostscript i-Package in i-Installer (just double-
click the package, it should be somewhere inside an i-Packages folder
in the user's home directory), then re-run the Install procedure
(i.e. click on the Install button). i-Installer should check whether
X11 is present, and correct the alias as necessary.