[OS X TeX] WinEdit for Mac

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at iwu.edu
Tue Mar 28 23:06:01 EST 2006

On Mar 28, 2006, at 9:37 PM, Victor Ivrii wrote:
> On 3/28/06, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>
> I don't think so, he wants to click :-)

Words fail me.
I think it would be interesting to see him spend a month in a remote
island with nothing but a terminal window. :-)

How about LyX then?
Or TeXtures?
Haven't used either of them personally, but I imagine them as the
kind of program our friend would like.
I too would recommend that your colleague become acquainted with
TeXShop, and buy a good LaTeX reference tool. He will not regret it.

I also came from WinEdt when I moved from the PC to the Mac, and
found myself quite at home with TeXShop for some time. Then I enjoyed
a short fling with ITeXMac, followed by torrid affairs with various
flavors of emacs, before moving to TextMate, where I have finally
settled down.

In what sense is iTeXMac complicated?

>                            Victor

PS: Just out of curiosity, what prompted your colleague to move to
the mac platform? If he is the kind of person that likes "busy"
interfaces, he'll be hardly at home on the mac.

Haris