[OS X TeX] LaTeX Updater i-Package updated

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Mon May 1 12:48:16 EDT 2006

On May 1, 2006, at 12:08 PM, George Gratzer wrote:

> This really frightens me. What about helping us Unix idiots?
>
> What am I to do? Could somebody give us instructions?
>
> Do I uninstall and then install. Just install and it will overwrite?

You should simply open the package entitled:

TeX Support: LaTeX updater

and click "Install & Configure".

I updated my TeX installation first, but I hadn't done that in some
time.

The cool thing is that Gerben installs the LaTeX update in
texmf.local, which means that it is found before the old LaTeX
installation in texmf.tetex and so the one in texmf.tetex is ignored.
Should you have trouble with the new LaTeX, you can just uninstall
the LaTeX update using the i-Installer and you will be back up and
running.

I hope this helps.

-- Gary