[OS X TeX] Latex and Monotype Ehrhardt

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at psu.edu
Tue May 2 07:36:40 EDT 2006

On May 2, 2006, at 6:43 AM, Themis Matsoukas wrote:

> I don't know anything about fonts but I was curious so tried your
> sample. When I changed T1 to OT1, everything looked fine in TeXShop.
>
> Themis

I have to correct what I wrote previously (the part about "I don't
know anything about fonts" still stands...):

On my system, running your test file (with T1) I get the warning

       LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `T1/metr8a/m/n' undefined
       (Font)              using `T1/cmr/m/n' instead on input line 5.

and the output is in blurry cmr

Changing the declaration to OT1, I get the warning,

        LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OT1/metr8a/m/n' undefined
        (Font)              using `OT1/cmr/m/n' instead on input line 5.

and the output is in "nice" cmr.

tm