[OS X TeX] Variable

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Wed May 3 15:01:25 EDT 2006

I have several questions that, I hope, belong together.

(1) I am using probsoln which uses \PSNrandseed{N} to seed the
randomness of the multiple choices. I would like to have in the document
a line that says to print the particular N.

(2) Probsoln requires that on each question file, each variant be given
a separate name. When I use a legacy multiple choice, the jth variant of
the ith question is just

    \newproblem{Qi-j}{\includegraphics{Qi-j}}{Answer ij}

What I would like is something like

    \newproblem{Qi-j}{\includegraphics{=first argument this
    \newproblem}}{Answer ij}

or better yet

    \newproblem{= argument \includegraphics in second argument of this
    \newproblem}{\includegraphics{Qi-j}}{Answer ij}

(3) Although I can't see it as feasible, could i in Qi-j be equal to the
file name?

(4) More generally, is there a package with spreadsheet like capability?

Regards
--schremmer