[OS X TeX] Droplatexdiff available.

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri May 5 14:36:02 EDT 2006

On May 5, 2006, at 1:24 PM, Gary L. Gray wrote:

> Herb,
>
> What would this app do that I can't get with a file comparison in
> TextWrangler or BBEdit? Does it have some LaTeX specific stuff that
> would be helpful?
>
> -- Gary

Howdy,

It actually produces a .tex file that is a combination of the two
files but that highlights in color and text markings, when compiled,
the differences between the files in context. I haven't tried it on
other kinds of text files. Take a .tex file of yours, duplicate it
and make changes to to and then drop them onto the script. Compile
the output .tex file and take a look.

By the way, dropping file1.tex and file2.tex onto the dropscript
gives file1-file2-diff.tex. It may give file2-file1-diff.tex in some
cases but the order should carry through to the contents of the file.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)