[OS X TeX] TeXniscope problem

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri May 12 09:57:15 EDT 2006

On May 12, 2006, at 2:34 AM, Ross Moore wrote:

> The best way that I've found to deal with this is to use either
> (or both) of the packages  ps4pdf  and  pdftricks .
> Each of these packages has (relatively minor) limitations, which
> can actually be dependent on precisely what is contained in the
> material that needs to be pre-processed. That's why I do not
> recommend one over another. (I even have some documents that
> need to use both packages!)

My first impression was that pdftricks placed each figure into a
separate file (although there was a common file containing
\usepackage's for the requested packages) while ps4pdf placed the
figures on separate pages in a single file and extracted the images
page by page into the original document. I can see situations where
one method might be more convenient than another when having to send
the documents to someone else for review but not otherwise.

Are there other differences that are worth mentioning?

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)