[OS X TeX] Are two bib files needed to get correct issue numbers?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri May 12 11:06:07 EDT 2006

Le 12 mai 06 à 16:55, Themis Matsoukas a écrit :

> Understandable. The logical solution is to always include the issue
> number, if available. Then, you can use it when necessary and
> ignore it when redundant.  My gripe was with the requirement that
> issue numbers should be /removed/ if they are not absolutely
> necessary. That's the problem that forces Matthew to maintain two
> bib files.

And that's indeed the one I've been faced with, when submitting a
paper including these references to the Journal of Fluid Mechanics
(which asks for issue numbers to be removed, except in cases such as
above). Though I'm quite certain the editorial assistant of the
journal would have happily taken care of the removal herself, in case
I hadn't done it first.

That said, I haven't had exactly the same problem as Matthew, given
I'm not using BibTeX and write lists of references manually.

Bruno