[OS X TeX] Re: Installing a package on Mac-TeX

Oleg Kobchenko olegykj at yahoo.com
Mon May 22 00:05:56 EDT 2006

Thank you for the responses.
Where to copy is clear, as was shown in the Makefile.

But my question was, how to do it automatically.
For example, "skak" has three folder: doc, tex and
mf, "chessfss" has a "bundle" in *.ins files, which
first need to be latexed then put somewhere.

Also, if I just copy like that, how would I
uninstall a package?

Next, how to resolve dependecies between packages?

In MikTeX, it's all done behind the scenes.

Did anybody try the TeXLive DVD -- is this process
automated there?