[OS X TeX] Looking texh4t and OpenDocument feedback

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri May 26 12:43:15 EDT 2006

Le 26 mai 06 à 16:30, Simon Spiegel a écrit :

>  At the moment, this file doesn't look so nice: No graphics have
> been imported, strange things happend with some special characters
> and the first letter of every bibliography entry was cut off. I'm
> sure that I can improve the result, but I wanted to know from other
> people who have experience with this setup: Is this a working
> solution for long, complex documents, is it actually worth totry to
> finetune my document?

Just in case (I haven't tried tex4ht myself yet): have you looked at
the HTML code produced by TeX4Ht, have you tried to apply a HTML-
syntax checker such as HTML Tidy (BBEdit includes it, NVu does too
<http://www.nvu.com/download.php>), to see whether some post-
processing of TeX4Ht output might be required?

Also, have you tried the X11 Mac port of OpenOffice <http://
porting.openoffice.org/mac/ooo-osx_downloads.html>? Both it and
NeoOffice Alpha share the same OOo 2 code base, so they should yield
identical results, but who knows?

FWIW,