[OS X TeX]

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Fri May 26 14:42:44 EDT 2006

As I have announced (and those that receive this message in bcc already
know), i-Installer 2.77 (which is ppc-only) triggers the freeze bug in
10.4.6, especially when some updates to the OS have been applied. As
the intel version (2.76 is universal) also has problems on intel 10.4.4
and up, I am effectively without a decently working i-Installer for
intel mac. This has been the worst fix I have been in in 5 years.

It is up to Apple to provide us with an update (10.4.7) that stabilizes
the OS again. The outlook is good, but I do not know how much time it
will take them.

I have now released a beta which will certainly improve matters and
which could likely improves them to the point the only problems left
are harmless (some lost error output of subprocesses). The app is again
universal.

I would like to release this with 48 hours and I could do with some
testing, especially on 10.4.6 intel systems. Here is what I would like
you to test:
	1. Remove "/Library/Fonts/Latin Modern" if available
	2. Install Fontforge
	3. Install TeX (full, 2005)
I welcome reports.

The beta can be downloaded from

	ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/comp/macosx/volumes/ii2/II2-beta.dmg

Testing on other versions of the OS (e.g. 10.3.9 ppc) is welcome too.

Thanks,