[OS X TeX] Looking texh4t and OpenDocument feedback

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Sat May 27 03:11:18 EDT 2006

On 27.05.2006, at 03:08, Eitan Gurari wrote:

>> OpenOffice 2 and supports the OpenDocument format, I started playing
>> around with tex4ht a bit. My main motivation is to get my PhD thesis
>> in a form which can be handled easily be non-Latex users.
>
> To achieve proper output tex4ht needs to have OpenDocument
> configurations for the latex style and class files in use. If the PhD
> thesis uses a local class the outcome is likely to suffer.

I use komascript, where do I get the OpenDocument configurations?

>> After a bit of
>> tweaking I actually managed to generat a swx file which NeoOffice
>> could open.
>
> Recent versions of tex4ht provide odt files for a default.  The swx
> files require the  swx command line option.

I got a swx file by default.

>> At the moment, this file doesn't look so nice: No
>> graphics have been imported,
>
> Old version of tex4ht?

It says 2005-05-09 in the terminal, which seems old, but I've just
upated the TeX i-package.

>>  strange things happend with some special characters
>
> Improper instalation of the tex4ht fonts?  Missing font support?
>
>>  and the first letter of every bibliography entry was cut
>> off.
>
> My impression the problem got solved on 22 Nov 2005.

As I said: my version is older, but a newer doesn't seem to be
available for the i-installer.

simon
--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

"I'm not that easy to impress. – O, a blue car." Homer Simpson