[OS X TeX] Pen Colors

Chris Goedde cgoedde at condor.depaul.edu
Thu Nov 2 12:17:33 EST 2006

On Nov 2, 2006, at 9:33 AM, Louis S VanSlyck wrote:

>> The color and xcolor packages might work.
>
> How would one invoke these packages?
>
> \usepackage{color} gives an error msg.

As someone else pointed out, the color package is a latex package.

If you really need to do color via plain TeX, you'll probably have to
use dvips \special commands. I've never done that. Some online dvips
documention is at http://www.radicaleye.com/dvipsman/dvips_toc.html
(I have no idea how up-to-date this is!). It has a section on color.
You might also look for the dvips documentation that should have been
installed with tex. On my machine it's located at /usr/local/teTeX/
share/texmf.tetex/doc/programs/dvips.pdf.

There might be some other way to do this if you uses pdftex. I don't
know anything about it, though.

--
Chris