[OS X TeX] Re: End of i-Installer

McGarry Vince vmcgarry at austin.rr.com
Sat Nov 11 20:49:00 EST 2006

A few years back I decided to move from Andrew Trevorrow's excellent
distribution of TeX, OzTeX, to GW's distribution of teTeX. Expecting
many hours of work I was stunned to be compiling docs within a couple
of hours. Since then I've installed GW's distribution on several
computers of colleagues, all of which went like silk.

Every year our faculty goes through a rigorous evaluation process.
Consistently, the quality of the documents I prepare for students has
been praised. The ease with which I've been able to maintain the
distribution and not be concerned about whether "things will work or
not" is due to Gerben's excellent work in providing an simple,
elegant way to keep current.

Thank you, Gerben, for all the work you've done for all of us.