[OS X TeX] OT: Memory

Marcus Michalsky mmichalsky at gmx.de
Sun Nov 12 08:22:36 EST 2006

Hi,

sorry for Offtopic, but
is there anyone out there, using a Mac Mini 1,42 GHz ? I have one
with 512 MB of memory.
My question is, should i buy a 1 GB module for 100-120 $ and change
them (would the performance be much better ?).

I plan to buy a new MAC in Summer next year when Leopard is out.

I am very unsure about all. The heat problem makes me unsure. The new
Mac Mini is 5 times faster with SpecInt and SpecFP if you believe
Apple on the website. But the new Notebooks get 90 degrees (Celsius)
in a test... So i could also buy a PC with Core Duo with a tower with
better air circulation, but then i haven't a good OS :-(

A MacPro is too expensive for me. The lowest iMAC doesnt have Dual
Superdrive etc ?

Any tips for me ?

thx