[OS X TeX] End of i-Installer/i-Packages support per 1/1/2007

Franck Pastor pastor at fusl.ac.be
Sun Nov 12 11:30:23 EST 2006

Le 12-nov.-06 à 17:09, Bruno Voisin a écrit :

> Le 11 nov. 06 à 16:15, Gerben Wierda a écrit :
>
>> As I have announced at TUG2006 in Marrakech this week, my support
>> for i-Installer and the i-Packages will end on January 1st, 2007.
>
> I must admit that I do not share Dick Koch's optimism (later in
> this thread). It seems to me this announcement means the end of
> free TeX on the Mac as we know it.
>
> i-Installer and the i-Packages not only provided, thanks to teTeX,
> a careful and consistent selection of TeX components, but they also
> provided, thanks to Gerben, a GUI to the installation and
> configuration of TeX. If in the future, because of the end of i-
> Installer and the i-Packages, this means that for selecting the
> formats to build, the hyphenation files to include, the map files
> to activate, etc., one has to edit config files manually, then I
> know that I, for one, will look for another implementation of TeX.

There is something I do not understand here, maybe because I am not
fluent enough in English to fully understand the word "support".
Given that Gerben stops support for i-installer, it means that he
will cease to answear mails about it, but does it mean also that the
i-installer application will not be available anymore?

Franck Pastor