[OS X TeX] End of i-Installer/i-Packages support per 1/1/2007

Wendy McKay wgm at cds.caltech.edu
Sun Nov 12 19:37:41 EST 2006

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> As I have announced at TUG2006 in Marrakech this week, my support for
> i-Installer and the i-Packages will end on January 1st, 2007.

Hi Gerben,

I echo both the sadness and the glowing sentiments of all who have written
to thank you for 6 years of  extraordinary  devotion to developing
i-installer and i-Packages in your spare time.
I am very grateful for the work you have done to make it possible for
the group I assist to get TeX working on the Mac. Your dedicated effort
to  provide prompt support, updates, and bug fixes  was greatly appreciated.

Although you had hinted at ending development of gwTeX, it has still come
as a bit of a shock and earlier than I envisioned.

On behalf of the MacTeX TWG group, our sincere thanks for everything
you have done for getting TeX on MacOS X working so well on both the
PPC and the Intel machines with both teTeX and TeXLive. Also thanks for
setting  up the TeX Showcase, and for the collaborative efforts with Apple.
You have been a real trooper.

All good wishes for your future adventures. I hope you will enjoy being a
TeX user in 2007.

=wendy