[OS X TeX] ConTeXt and TeXLive ? (solved)

Christopher Menzel cmenzel at tamu.edu
Wed Nov 15 10:29:08 EST 2006

> OK, the following works:
>
> #!/bin/tcsh
>
> set path= ($path /usr/local/TeXLive/bin/i386-apple-darwin-current /
> usr/local/bin)
> texmfstart texexec  "$1"

You might want to add your TeXLive bin directory to your shell
environment by adding it to whatever line sets your path environment
variable in your .tcshrc or .bash_profile file, as the case may be.
That will work for programs started from the command line, but not
those that you start from the Dock or the Finder.  It's good
therefore to set your path in the file ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist,
which will determine your path for all applications at login; the
relevant portion of mine looks like this:

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://
www.apple.
com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
   <key>PATH</key>
   <string>/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/TeXLive/bin/i386-apple-darwin-
current:/opt/local/bin:~/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/
sbin</string>
</dict>
</plist>

You can set other useful environment vars there as well such as your
default language encoding.  See http://developer.apple.com/qa/qa2001/
qa1067.html for more info.

> (I assumed bash is my shell – iMac, intel, 10.4.8 – where can I get
> the information which shell is used actually?)

Your default shell is determined by the "shell" property in the
NetInfo Manager found in the /users/<YourUserID> property list.  This
can be overridden for Terminal.app windows in the Terminal.app
preferences.

Chris Menzel