[OS X TeX] TS synchronization with \input

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 14:08:18 EST 2006

Themis Matsoukas wrote:

> On Nov 11, 2006, at 9:12 AM, Themis Matsoukas wrote:
>
>> I run to the following  problem with pdf-to-source synchronization
>> while using nested \input files:
>>
>> I use a master file to \input a large number of files that reside  in
>> parallel folders in paths of the form ../problems/prob_i  relative to
>> the root file (with i=1, ...).  I often \input only  some of these
>> files in my root file. I noticed that when I command- click on
>> certain spots of  the pdf output, the source file that  pops opens is
>> a file that is not \input'ed in my root file! This  behavior is
>> apparently due to TeXShop's synchronization (and not to  pdfsync)
>> because the sync point in the source file is highlighted  in bright
>> yellow color.
>>
>> It appears that TeXShop's synchronization works by looking for
>> matching strings in ALL *.tex files that reside in ../problems/,
>> whether these files are actually loaded by the root file or not. If
>> that's the case, it should be possible to add a check in the  program
>> to skip files that are not \input'ed.
>>
>> Themis
>

> Here is an update on synchronization with multiple \input files based
> on recent experience:
>
> 1. pdfsync does not seem to work - clicking on the pdf always opens
> the root file, not the source (\input'ed) file.

My nesting isn't very deep but clicking on the pdf (almost) always opens
(under 10.3.9) the source (\input'ed) file. I say almost because on a
couple of occasions it did open the root file. But since I am also
getting some new, but not lethal, behaviours, I thought I would just
ride it out until I upgrade to 10.4. Of course, these days, I am not
sure what to do in the latter respect.

Regards
--schremmer