[OS X TeX] Arial fonts

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Nov 16 14:52:33 EST 2006

Am 16.11.2006 um 15:22 schrieb Arthur Snoke:

> Do I have Arial fonts?  If so, how do I include them?

Arial is one of the Web core fonts MS providing here: http://
corefonts.sourceforge.net/.

In Fink a package by Martin Costabel exists, that uses cabextract
(another Fink package) to out-pack the fonts from the MS archive(s).
The TrueType fonts are then installed for use in X11. If you put
copies also in ~/Library/Fonts or /Library/Fonts XeTeX can use them
as well.

In pdfTeX you can easily use TTF. The other routes via DVI cannot
easily be used. There are some Internet sites that explain the use of
TTF in pdfTeX.

A good work-around is the use of (built-in to TeX and PostScript
printers) Helvetica. Usually only experts see the few differences.

--
Greetings
   Pete

“One cannot live by television, video games, top ten CDs, and dumb
movies alone”
       (Amiri Baraka 1999)