[OS X TeX] Update of two i-Packages

Philipp Mathey pmathey at uwo.ca
Tue Nov 21 16:28:38 EST 2006

Ok, thanks.

Until recently when all this talk about TeXLive started I hadn't even
noticed
that there are two TeX i-packages (one based on tetex, the other on
TeXLive)

Just to clarify, my questions are :

1) both i-packages can coexist, correct ?

2) switching from one to the other involves :
running "Configure only " in i-installer, and ...?
E.g. does the location of cm-super fonts have to be changed and the
cm-super fonts be reinstalled ?

3) when using XeTeX (assuming both TeX i-packages are installed) :

so for the switch
TeX (tetex) i-package --> TeX (TeXLive) i-package
I would need to :
1. uninstall the XeTeX i-package
2. run "Configure Only" for the TeX (TeXLive) i-package

and for the switch
TeX (TeXLive) i-package --> TeX (tetex) i-package
I would need to
1. run "Configure Only" for the TeX (tetex) i-package
2. install the XeTeX i-package.
?

By the way, what is the main difference between TeXLive and tetex ?

Thanks,

P.