[OS X TeX] Problems with Utopia in Gerben's TeXLive

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Tue Nov 21 17:19:30 EST 2006

On Nov 21, 2006, at 22:33 , Franck Pastor wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Utopia seems not to be seen in Gerben Wierda's TeXLive
> (2006/11/20). Here is a minimal example:
>
> \documentclass{minimal}
> \usepackage{fourier}
> \begin{document}
> Just a try.
> \end{document}

I used to have some files added to texmf.gwtex and it turns out they
are not part of TL. I guess it is a licensing issue.

I have added them again to the texmf.gwtex in the new TeX i-Package.

Update, install and (with some warnings):

This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.30.4-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.5)
entering extended mode
(./utest.tex
LaTeX2e <2005/12/01>
Babel <v3.8h> and hyphenation patterns for english, usenglishmax,
dumylang, noh
yphenation, basque, bulgarian, coptic, welsh, czech, slovak, german,
ngerman, d
anish, spanish, catalan, galician, esperanto, estonian, finnish,
french, greek,
monogreek, ancientgreek, croatian, hungarian, interlingua, ibycus,
indonesian,
icelandic, italian, latin, mongolian, dutch, norsk, polish,
portuguese, pinyin
, romanian, russian, slovene, uppersorbian, serbian, swedish,
turkish, ukenglis
h, ukrainian, loaded.
(/usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/tex/latex/base/minimal.cls
Document Class: minimal 2001/05/25 Standard LaTeX minimal class
) (/usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.gwtex/tex/latex/fourier/fourier.sty
(/usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/tex/latex/base/fontenc.sty
(/usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/tex/latex/base/t1enc.def))
(/usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/tex/latex/base/textcomp.sty
(/usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/tex/latex/base/ts1enc.def))

LaTeX Font Warning: Encoding `OT1' has changed to `T1' for symbol font
(Font)              `operators' in the math version `normal' on input
line 48.

LaTeX Font Warning: Encoding `OT1' has changed to `T1' for symbol font
(Font)              `operators' in the math version `bold' on input
line 48.

LaTeX Font Warning: Encoding `OML' has changed to `FML' for symbol font
(Font)              `letters' in the math version `normal' on input
line 74.

LaTeX Font Warning: Encoding `OML' has changed to `FML' for symbol font
(Font)              `letters' in the math version `bold' on input
line 74.

LaTeX Font Warning: Encoding `OMS' has changed to `FMS' for symbol font
(Font)              `symbols' in the math version `normal' on input
line 124.

LaTeX Font Warning: Encoding `OMS' has changed to `FMS' for symbol font
(Font)              `symbols' in the math version `bold' on input
line 124.

LaTeX Font Warning: Encoding `OMX' has changed to `FMX' for symbol font
(Font)              `largesymbols' in the math version `normal' on
input line 1
25.

LaTeX Font Warning: Encoding `OMX' has changed to `FMX' for symbol font
(Font)              `largesymbols' in the math version `bold' on
input line 125
.

)
No file utest.aux.
(/usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.gwtex/tex/latex/fourier/fmlfutm.fd)
(/usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.gwtex/tex/latex/fourier/fmsfutm.fd)
(/usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.gwtex/tex/latex/fourier/fmxfutm.fd)
(/usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/tex/latex/base/ts1cmr.fd)
(/usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.gwtex/tex/latex/fourier/t1futs.fd) [1{/usr/
local/TeXL
ive/texmf.local/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map}] (./utest.aux) ){/
usr/local
/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/fonts/enc/dvips/base/8r.enc}</usr/local/
TeXLive/texmf.gw
tex/fonts/type1/adobe/utopia/putr8a.pfb>

If someone tells me what the best solution is I can implement it.