[OS X TeX] writing sty files

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 14:54:12 EST 2006

Themis Matsoukas wrote:

> On Nov 22, 2006, at 1:26 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:
>
>> By the way, I am using the above within probsoln—which I like very
>> much—with Else = "multiple choices" so that I can print a "BlueBook
>> Question", "BlueBook Question With Solution" and "Multiple-Choice
>> Question".
>

> Sometime ago I looked at probsol. However, I've been doing things on
> my own for a while and by now I have created several custom
> environments for problems, solutions, database manipulation that
> switching to another package now is almost impossible...
>
> A nice thing about LaTeX is that you can do things in many different
> ways.

Indeed but that is not always a blessing: Not knowing what I am doing, I
often bumble onto what turns out later to be the wrong way to do the thing.

One very nice thing about Talbot is that he is extremely helpful. The
original probsoln didn't randomize the order of the questions. I tried
to do it myself and of course never made it. I then wrote to him and a
few days later he sent me a new version which had it.

(I wish Carstein Heinz would do the same and expand polynom and include
division in //ascending// powers—as necessary to approximate a rational
function near a finite point.)

Regards
--schremmer