[OS X TeX] undefined control sequence error

Mark Eli Kalderon eli at markelikalderon.com
Wed Nov 22 17:01:37 EST 2006

On 22 Nov 2006, at 21:05, Alan Munn wrote:

> At 5:48 PM +0000 11/22/06, Mark Eli Kalderon wrote:
>> Very curious. I get the following error in my log file:
>>
>> [2] [3]
>> ./EpistemicRelativism.tex:118: Undefined control sequence.
>> l.118 ...ropositions of much the same type. \citep
>>                                                   [85--6]
>> {Boghossian:2006fk}
>> The control sequence at the end of the top line
>> of your error message was never \def'ed. If you have
>> misspelled it (e.g., `\hobx'), type `I' and the correct
>> spelling (e.g., `I\hbox'). Otherwise just continue,
>> and I'll forget about whatever was undefined.
>
> Can you post a minimal example that shows the problem? Do you have
> other packages that may be interacting with this, especially other
> bibliography packages (chapterbib etc.) or perhaps hyperref (which
> should be loaded last).
>
> Alan

The document is as follows:

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage{geometry} \geometry{a4paper}
\usepackage{pdfsync}
\usepackage{ifpdf}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{gtamachoefler}
\usepackage[round]{natbib}
\def\myauthor{Mark Eli Kalderon}
\def\mykeywords{Boghossian,, relativism,, epistemic, relativism}
\def\mytitle{Epistemic Relativism}
\ifpdf \pdfoutput=1
\usepackage[ plainpages=false, pdfpagelabels, bookmarksnumbered,
pdftitle={\mytitle}, pagebackref, pdfauthor={\myauthor}, pdfkeywords=
{\mykeywords} ] {hyperref} \fi
\title{\mytitle}
\author{\myauthor}
\begin{document}
\bibliographystyle{plainnat}
\bibliography{Philosophy}
\end{document}

It is more or less the standard preamble that I use and I have never
encountered any problems before. I am beginning to suspect that there
is, somehow, a problem with my TeX install since I can't see what
could be going on. I might try just rebuilding at this point. Thanks
for all the help. Best, Mark