[OS X TeX] Binomial Expansion

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 09:15:40 EST 2006

Doris Wagner wrote:

>> \Evaluate{Polynomial in x}{some number}
>
> hi alain,
>
> since I don't know for what you need your calculations, I'm not sure
> if this helps, but:
>
> why not try pstricks together with pst-func? pst-func lets you draw
> polynomial functions quite easily, and it has also a command
> \psPrintValue, which allows to print (and therefore compute, I guess)
> single values of a math function

I will look into it but I am not trying to draw functions in LaTeX. The
idea is almost the opposite. Given, say, a rational function, I want to
get a qualitative graph—done in Intaglio—that I get from (Laurent)
polynomial approximations both at infinity and at the poles. So, polynom
gives me exactly what I need at infinity and so it was tempting to try
and get the same near x_0.

This is not a burning issue because right now I do that on paper and I
made a template to put in LaTeX.

Best regards
--schremmer