[OS X TeX] Possible conflicts between two TeX installations?

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Sat Nov 25 06:38:30 EST 2006

On 25-nov-2006, at 12:14, Franck Pastor wrote:

> Le 25-nov.-06 à 11:37, Peter Dyballa a écrit :
>> It's a bigger risk not to receive a response when usurping a thread.
>
> ? I indeed chose a mail from the list at random, delete its
> contents and replaced them by what I wrote, changing its subject. I
> thought no tracks were kept in my mail from the subject of the
> preceeding mail. I thought it was a convenient way not to have to
> rewrote the whole mailing list address. If I have done something
> wrong, I'm sorry, it was not my intent, and next time I will start
> a new subject entirely from scratch.

There is a (hidden) field "in-reply-to" (visible when you select
"view > message > raw source") that contains a hopefully unique
number that allows Mail and otehrs to sort threads. This has been
discussed before here. Mail at least should allow you to type the
start of the mail address, and auto-complete for you. Should not be
hard at all (and I see that you use Apple Mail indeed).

Regards,