[OS X TeX] teTeX still on my path

S P Suresh spsuresh at cmi.ac.in
Mon Nov 27 04:36:36 EST 2006

On 27-Nov-06, at 2:37 PM, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> This depends on the version of Mac OS X. You can inspect the
> settexpath script in the TeX i-Package to find out.

Dear Gerben,

Thanks. I looked at the file. I am running Mac OS X 10.4, and it only
mentions /etc/profile and /etc/csh.login, and of course, /usr/share/
misc/man.conf. Those files have the proper entries. But this entry
must be somewhere else, else how does it appear when I relaunch the
shell (bash, in my case) after updating the PATH variable. Let me ask
my local Unix guru to see if any other files are affected by default.

Just one more minor thing I noticed, the script adds comments both
before and after the modifications. It first adds '#TeX modifications
start ...'. Later it adds '#teTeX modifications end ...'. Of course,
these are only comments, but is there a reason for the difference?

While I am at it, let me point out one more thing I noticed. (Maybe I
should really be sending this in a separate mail, but ...) When I try
to use the gtamacamericantypewriter fonts, I get a complaint about a
mistake in line 22 of t1gtamacamericantypewriter.fd. When I go to /
usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.gwtex/tex/latex/gtamacfonts, and edit the
files (t1|ts1|ly1)gtamacamericantypewriter.fd, it works.
I have to change \AT at Scale to \AT@@Scale on line 22. Could you please
check out if it is indeed an error, and if it is, correct it in your
next distribution?

Thanks again, and three cheers for all the good work that you have done.

Cheers,
Suresh

S P Suresh
Chennai Mathematical Institute