[OS X TeX] teTeX still on my path

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Nov 27 05:36:17 EST 2006

Am 27.11.2006 um 11:24 schrieb S P Suresh:

> When I closed all tabs and relaunched a shell, /usr/local/teTeX/...
> reappears in my PATH. It is quite mysterious

I think Spotlight is no mystery: it simply finds things. And I'm sure
it can find some files with /usr/local/teTeX/... in it ...

To debug your PATH issue: edit all files bash is using to set itself
up with these two lines in the beginning:

	echo "This file is <you name it>"
	echo "Starting PATH is $PATH"

and these two lines at the end:

	echo "Final PATH has become $PATH"
	echo "This was set-up by <you name it>"

Now you can see when PATH changes. It's then easy to determine the
reason.

--
Greetings

   Pete