[OS X TeX] Font embedding

Mark Eli Kalderon eli at markelikalderon.com
Mon Nov 27 15:28:24 EST 2006

On 27 Nov 2006, at 19:16, Gerrit Glabbart wrote:

> If you are not using one of the standard fonts -- for instance, if
> you are using Latin Modern, or one of the gtamacfonts, those should
> already be embedded in the pdf, but I'm not sure how "completely".
> Anyone?

Well, running pdflatex on gwtetex installed on my system embeds a
subset of the fonts---presumably only those characters that are used
in the document. I have checked this independently by opening the
resulting pdf in Acrobat Pro and checking the embedded fonts.
However, I have noticed something strange---on Windows boxes viewing
the pdf results in font substitution. I thought font embedding
precluded this, but ...

All the best, Mark