[OS X TeX] pdfsync.sty testers needed

Jérome Laurens jerome.laurens at u-bourgogne.fr
Tue Nov 28 02:46:43 EST 2006

Le 27 nov. 06 à 20:07, Joseph C. Slater a écrit :

> On Nov 27, 2006, at 4:00 AM, Jérome Laurens wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> the package now contains stronger code than ever thanks D. Kastrup
>> which is good news because David's knowledge in LaTeX is far
>> beyond what I will ever reach...
>> pdfsync.sty is expected to work correctly in almost all situations
>> but if you could make some tests on long production documents, it
>> would help a lot.
>>
>> Now, pdfsync requires pdfetex like engines (including xetex I
>> guess), what most people should already have, no need to switch.
>>

> It's missing by about a page (as the old one did) in a 200 page
> manuscript. I don't know how to provide usable feedback to you,
> though.

Indeed, this is THE question,
maybe with the logs, with or without pdfsync, with or without
[novbox] option
It should contains useful info about boxes

And do you see if the space is lost continuously, I mean one line
here and there that makes a whole page at the end of the doc, or just
in one sensitive place where page breaking occurs.