[OS X TeX] local vs. global symlink

Jack Kuipers kprs at calvin.edu
Tue Nov 28 19:39:52 EST 2006

Please, tell me what must I read, or where do I start (if I must) to
gain some perspective on what you are all talking about. More
importantly, is it necessary that I learn it. May I continue to be a
happy (even, in my view, proficient) user of this magnificent
personal publication utility.

Over 20 yrs ago I started with Textures, finished a substantial
publishing effort (for me), and then after the TeXTures difficult
interlude, on to OZTeX,  and finally to TeXShop. I have this fear
that the TeXShop which has become part of my life in recent years
will soon be NOT accessible to "ordinary folk" (older folk) who have
not been weened on the communicating skills with "Terminal" ala Unix,
Linux, etal.

Please, tell me there will "always" be a version of Mac OS X TeXShop
that one (even I) can install --- if, or when, issued, or acquiring a
new up-to-date Mac.  Most of us older folk are "falling away" but
until then, --- Are there any comforting words out there for WE, the
recalcitrant few?

Jack Kuipers
Professor, emeritus
Mathematics