[OS X TeX] Switcher 1.1

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Nov 29 08:40:29 EST 2006

After switching (via Switcher) to texlive2005, that I installed
myself from the TeXLive iso, though I assume that the MacTeX
installation will give the same result, the path to tex is

/usr/local/texlive2005/bin/powerpc-darwin

Inside this of this folder are the different tex binaries, where the
main one is called pdfetex, and the others like pdflatex are only
symlinks pointing to pdfetex

riemann:~ claus$ readlink /usr/local/texprograms/pdflatex
pdfetex

The name power-pc-apple-darwin-current isn't used by TeXLive (TUG)
only by Gerben's distributions. Click on Switcher's reveal button,
then you will see the path to active tex as defined by /usr/local/
texprograms.

Claus