[OS X TeX] TeX and the wild wild world out there

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Nov 29 20:45:25 EST 2006

On Nov 29, 2006, at 1:09 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> I still resent the time I lost having to learn install and learn
> the basics of LaTeX, time I think I would have better spent on the
> magnum opus. I am interested in putting down the result of some
> thinking. Not particularly in making it typographically beautiful.
> If anybody ever wants to make it look good, they will be able to do
> it when I am done and it is uploaded but why was it necessarily
> incumbent to me to do it?
>
> Best regards
> --schremmer

Howdy,

How come no-one counts the amount of time it takes to try to make M$W
work correctly? How long did it take to learn to make a style file
that didn't lead to unexpected results the next time you used it? I
tried, I really did, and gave up in total disgust. All that time
waisted!!!!

After years away from TeX I came back to Gerben's distribution,
iTeXMac and then TeXShop and I'll never look back!

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)