[OS X TeX] /usr/local/texprograms -> /Library/ActiveTeXPrograms

Anthony Morton amorton at fastmail.fm
Thu Nov 30 19:37:14 EST 2006

> When this non-sense, IM not so humble O, continues, I'll prefer to do
> what I did at university: compile and install myself (as with X11R7),
> fetching up-to-date sources via CVS or SVN to an external disk of
> sufficient size once I feel in the right (or wrong) mood. Over night.
> Or a weekend, or the holidays. I have Automator. This would give me
> the opportunity to optimise the binaries for speed.

Don't worry Peter, I've been following the discussion and I'm pretty
confident that once the migration from teTeX is complete everything
will Just Work as before.

Truth is, all software distributions require a lot of behind the scenes
work of the kind you're seeing, and because it's not just Gerben,
Richard and Co. doing it any more, a lot more of the geek stuff is
being discussed on this list.

Tony