[OS X TeX] Asymptote and Latex for Tiger

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Mon Oct 9 07:50:54 EDT 2006

>> And even more, the MakeFile assumes the following dependencies are
>> satisfied;
>>
>>> asymptote 1.13 - Mac OS X/Darwin
>>>
>>> Dependencies:
>>> bzip2 1.0.3
>>> fftw 3.1.2
>>> freetype 2.1.10
>>> g77 3.4.5
>>> gawk 3.1.5
>>> gettext 0.15
>>> ghostscript 8.54
>>> ghostscript-fonts-std 8.11
>>> ImageMagick 6.2.9
>>> jasper 1.701.0
>>> jbigkit 1.6
>>> jpeg 6b
>>> lcms 1.15
>>> libexif 0.6.13
>>> libiconv 1.11
>>> libpng 1.2.12
>>> libwmf 0.2.8.4
>>> libxml2 2.6.23
>>> mpeg2vidcodec 1.2
>>> pkg-config 0.20
>>> readline 5.1
>>> sed 4.1.5
>>> tetex 3.0
>>> X11 1.1
>>> zlib 1.2.3
>>

> Before compiling the sources, I must check if all this files are in
> my system ?

Or wait until tonight as I do have an i-Package for it. Without readline
support, but that is not essential to the capabilities of asymptote
afaics.

Note that I have some but not all of the dependencies available. Asymptote
compiles and runs on my system, but stuff like using ghostscript and
mpeg2vidcodec is not compiled in and only requires a separate install of
the tool in question.

I am able to do this
- copy planes.asy from the examples to a writable location
- run "asy planes.asy"
- open planes.eps (which opens in Preview after being converted to PDF)

So, the basis system seems to work.

Uploading can be performed when I am back home.