[OS X TeX] 1/2" margins

Axel E. Retif axretif at igo.com.mx
Thu Oct 12 14:42:28 EDT 2006

El 10/12/06 11:54 AM, "Alain Schremmer" <Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com>
escribió:

[...]

> I mean, when you write a book you have
> to make choices and these are then hard-wired.

As someone working in a publishing house ---that is, with other people's
books---, I would very strongly suggest you to make as few formatting
changes in your document as possible, if not specifically instructed by your
publishing house to do so. Any changes to the ``hard-wired'' LaTeX behavior
most likely will only mean more work and more time in the publishing
process.

That is, I think, the main purpose of LaTeX ---let authors work on content
and structure, and let publishing houses and journals to work on formatting
and design.

Best,

Axel