[OS X TeX] List nesting in TeX4ht [Was:] Is there a Latex package for creating html slidy presentations?

Robert Spence spence at saar.de
Sat Oct 14 13:15:20 EDT 2006

On 14 Oct 2006, at 17:12 , Eitan Gurari wrote:

> It might also be worthwhile to consider inserting an empty line after
> the first \item:
>
>   \begin{itemize}
>      \item
>
>        first portion of text
>   \end{itemize}
>
> The visual dvi/ps/pdf outcome is not affected, but structurally
> the html file seems to be superior.
>
>     <ul class="itemize1">
>       <li class="itemize">
>         <ol class="enumerate1">
>           <li class="enumerate">problematic interruption</li>
>         </ol>
>       </li>
>     </ul>
>
> -eitan

Thanks for the tip!  You know what I'd been trying to do to get the
vertical spacing in lists right?

\ifxetex
\else
\newpage % nasty hack to get space between list items
\fi

(... yes, I guess "nasty" _is_ an understatement ...)

In future I will _always_ leave a blank line after an \item command!

-- Robert Spence