[OS X TeX] A question from a new member

Frederic Andres lillumultipass at yahoo.fr
Mon Oct 16 08:25:19 EDT 2006

Hi to all!

My name is Frederic and I have just switched to MacOS, and I am rather
pleased of the result.

I am a PhD student in Economics and as such, I typeset with LaTeX, and I
used to use Winedt under Windows. For the moment, I still use it on my
iMac under Windows via Parallels. Eventually, I would like to be able to
typeset directly on the Mac. Here are the stuf I would like to be able
to do:

1. I like seeing the structure of my document in order to be able to
easily switch between sections for instance. I have tried ITexMacs, but
I don't see this feature. But it is present in Texmaker.

2. I always compile using PDF, but under Texmaker for instance, it does
not recall the last position of the pdf, and it also does not display my
graphics, whereas it does under iTexMac.

3.in-line spellchecking if possible, since I write in english, and it is
not my native language;

4. shortcuts for greek letters, like Alt+G+A for alpha...

5. if possible, shortcuts for things like bold, emphasize...

Is there an editor that would allow me to do all that? My first tries
with texmaker or iTexmac were unsuccessful...

Thanks for the help!

Frederic