[OS X TeX] Is there a Latex package for creating html slidy presentations?

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 03:39:27 EDT 2006

On 10/20/06, Eitan Gurari <gurari at cse.ohio-state.edu> wrote:

> Victor Ivrii writes:
>  > On 10/19/06, Eitan Gurari <gurari at cse.ohio-state.edu> wrote:
>  > >
>  > >  > It almost perfectly works with jsMath  (I added
>  > >  >  <SCRIPT>
>  > >  >       jsMath.Setup.Script("plugins/tex2math.js");
>  > >  >       jsMath.Synchronize();
>  > >  >     </SCRIPT>
>  > >
>  > > What for?
>  >
>  > This is documented in jsMath: with some servers it can help.
>
> If I understand it correctly, according to
>
>     http://www.math.union.edu/~dpvc/jsMath/authors/tex2math.html
>
> the pluging is provided so that jsMath will ``look through all the
> text blocks in your file looking for $...$, $$...$$, \(...\) or
> \[...\] and replacing them by the appropriate SPAN or DIV.''  Such
> conversions are undesirable in the case of tex4ht, as it takes on
> itself to recognize the math delimiters and might introduce dollar
> characters $ with other interpretations into the html text.
>
> The reference
>
>     http://www.math.union.edu/~dpvc/jsMath/authors/synchronizing.html
>
> makes me wonder what the purpose of the function when the plugin is
> not present, as tex4ht invokes just jsMath.Process() which takes on
> itself the responsibility to automatically invoke the synchronization
> function.

Well, it is not question for me, but to the author. What is more
strange I tried to remove this script and still math was displayed
properly. Probably `sometimes on some servers synchronization does not
work properly` which could move all this to the category of
irreproducible results. I even connected remotely to my office comp
without TeX fonts....

>  > Even the
>  > exact copy of the file perfectly working on jsMath server, displayed a
>  > raw tex-looking code (not the actual html source but ... tekish one)
>  > on www.math.toronto.edu with or without tex-fonts installed
>
> What is the exact pointer.  An earlier posting provided the address
>
>    http://www.math.toronto.edu/ivrii/Experimental

There was a second one

http://www.math.toronto.edu/ivrii/Experimental2

and just for testing (probably at daytime if the server load is any factor)

http://www.math.toronto.edu/ivrii/Experimental2/moo.html

which is exactly the same file but without this script in question

Actually going along you can find javascript warnings that {amsmath}
is not understood but I will produce shorter and more comprehensive
and short in the end of the month (too many commitments until then)

> and the loaded file doesn't employ jsmath.
>

>  > > Miniature complete sample source files, each demonstrating a problem in
>  > > isolation?
>  >
>  > I will try to produce some it during next few weeks. {aligned} is one of them
>  >

>  > Again during next couple of weeks. What is the best way to submit them?
>
> Thanks! Just plain text-based emails.

Nope: thanks to you :)