[OS X TeX] OgreKit unavailable for some users (TeXShop)

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Sat Oct 21 21:10:46 EDT 2006

At 2:44 AM +0200 10/22/06, André Bellaïche wrote:

>I have made a little experiment. I have thrown
>to the Corbeille (French name for basket ? dust
>bin ?) everything I could found that wore the
>name TeXShop at the three users' and the
>Applications directory.
>
>Then I logged in as User3, and installed
>TeXShop. I did nothing else that making the
>TeXShop icon just unloaded slide into the
>Applications directory. Now, User3 has the
>OgreKit search panel, and User1 and User2 have
>the Apple search panel.
>
>Regarding TeXShop.plist, all three have the same UseOgreKit line : string YES.
>
>Regarding the Preferences panel, all three have
>a blue light in front of OgreKIt.
>
>Had not Alan Munn told me that he has not this
>problem on his multi-user machine, I would think
>there is a bug somewhere.

Out of curiosity I created 2 new accounts, and it
had no effect for me.  The new accounts both had
access to the OgreKit search panel.

Since the regular accounts that I tested were
both admin accounts, I made the new accounts
standard accounts, but that didn't seem to have
an effect either.  (You didn't mention whether
your accounts were admin or not.)

Alan

--
Alan Munn
amunn at msu.edu
Department of Linguistics
and Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages   Fax.  +1-517-432-2736
Michigan State University, East Lansing MI 48824       Tel.  +1-517-355-7491