[OS X TeX] R, paradigm to bring into the LaTeX world?

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Oct 23 12:52:53 EDT 2006

The internet (together with nowadays powerful computers) belong to
the great culture achievements which changed the way we communicate
and find, retrieve and publish information. I would be severely
hampered in my work without access to the internet, like most of us.
Hence, these scenarios being without access to the internet, either
by fate or by determination, seem to me unrealistic and unconvincing
as an argument.

An example of software, which you call nice, coming with complete
documentation, is the old Textures, and we all know it's limitations
and I still hear the sigh of (public) relief when finally unix and
tetex was available for Macintosh users.

Claus