[OS X TeX] R, paradigm to bring into the LaTeX world?

Adam Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Mon Oct 23 13:41:08 EDT 2006

On Monday, October 23, 2006, at 10:25AM, Alain Schremmer <Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com> wrote:

>Adam R. Maxwell wrote:
>
>> MikTeX is also licensed under the  GPL, so I don't want to incorporate
>> or link with it (TCOBrowser is  BSD licensed).
>
>Last night, I happened to check, for my own purpose,
>
>    http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/index_html#DocumentationLicenses
>
>It said:
>
>FreeBSD Documentation License
>        This is a permissive non-copyleft Free Documentation license
>that is compatible with the GNU FDL.
>
>So, is there nevertheless a problem? Or is it a matter of FDL rather
>than GPL? Or is that I don't understand what compatible means?

<http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/index_html#GPLCompatibleLicenses> lists a modified BSD license.  Someone could use my BSD licensed code in a GPL program, but I can't use GPL code in a BSD licensed program, as far as I understand.  Yes, I could release it under the GPL, but I choose not to do that.

Adam