[OS X TeX] R, paradigm to bring into the LaTeX world?

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Oct 23 15:20:07 EDT 2006

Let's not mixing up different requests. Themis request was a help
feature in TS such that he could find information for the command
\atop, etc..

Now,\atop is not an original latex command but is part of amsmath.
Thus Themis's request would require that TS would provide information
for the commands in any package available which is not reasonable.

His request is also unnecessary, since amsmath, which is by the way
part the current tetex installation, is an important package for him
(as well as for me),  so that he should have installed the package's
documentation in an easy to find location like I did. Moreover, being
aware of the command, he should have known that it is an amsmath
command, I probably would have, so that with a simple mouse click he
could have opened the documentation and a search for \atop would have
given him the information in five seconds. Even, if he didn't
remember that \atop is part of amsmath googling would have provided
this information in another five seconds; that's why I called his
request unnecessary.

Claus